Thursday 3 April 2014

App: 7 Minute Workout Challenge

I have a very strict diet and exercise regimen during my pregnancies. It's simple but effective: do not eat or do anything you don't feel like eating or doing. I've never regretted it, but it does leave me somewhat lacking in muscle tone after nine months has elapsed. And I do love being strong.

After my first pregnancy, I went over to my parents every day at lunch hour to do weights, but now with two boys and a husband who comes home for lunch, that's just not on the cards. Enter the 7 Minute Workout Challenge.

I might be kind of late to the bus here; I know it's kind of an app-store hit. But in case you don't know about it, it features 7 minutes of cardio and bodyweight exercises that can be done almost without equipment (the app claims you don't need equipment at all, but I defy anybody to do a chair step-up without a chair.)

So far Steven and I have done it four times, and it seems to have given my already-lightning-fast-from-tandem-nursing metabolism a furious jolt. Baby weight is visibly disappearing. We're talking about 28 minutes of exercise here! So, yeah, impressed. Also, sore muscles galore. $1.99 well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment